Restylane®, Perlane®, Juvéderm® XC – PANAMA CITY BEACH FLORIDA
Hyaluronic acid and collagen are structural support elements that are naturally present throughout our bodies. They are found in all of our tissues but are particularly abundant in our skin and bodily fluids. Hyaluronic acid is a soft gel-like substance that avidly binds water and holds moisture in the skin. It serves as scaffolding to lift and volumize the skin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that gives skin its elasticity and structural support. Together, they provide the skin with the smooth supple appearance of youth. As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and firmness as collagen and Hyaluronic acid levels decline. This results in fine lines, wrinkles, and deep creases in our skin.
Restylane, Perlane, Juvéderm and other hyaluronic acid fillers fill in lines and wrinkles and add back volume lost in the aging process. Restylane is also used to naturally enhance lips and smooth out lip lines. The results are completely natural and last for 6-9 months.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a clear gel composed of non-animal based Hyaluronic acid that is biodegradable and fully compatible with human Hyaluronic acid so there is virtually no risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reaction.
Restylane® is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles, sculpt lips, and shape facial contours. Because it is natural, it integrates smoothly into the skin with virtually no side effects and is harmlessly absorbed into the body over time. Most people experience only minor swelling or temporary bruising.
What are the most common areas treated with Dermal Fillers (Restylane®, Juvéderm®, Perlane®, Radiesse)?
- Facial folds and wrinkles: Dermal fillers are an excellent complement to BOTOX® and Dysport® injections because they correct a different type of wrinkle. Combine the two treatments with laser skin resurfacing, and virtually all your wrinkles can be erased.
- Restoring facial volume: As we age, our face naturally loses volume and our youthful cheeks begin to sag with gravity. This gives the face a tired appearance. Dermal fillers can be used to fill in areas that have lost volume, restoring a youthful fullness to your face.
- Lip augmentation: The lips lose volume as we age, which is especially important to women. Thin lips can make you appear older, or unhappy. Dermal fillers are great treatment for restoring volume to lips.
- Facial reshaping: Some people do not have the facial shape they desire, and in many cases this can be at least partly corrected with dermal fillers, to give the appearance of higher cheekbones, eyebrows, or simply filling in volume lost with time.
- Nasolabial folds (from the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Marionette lines
- Frown lines
- Fill in acne scars
What is a “Liquid Face lift”?
Dr. Moskowitz uses Restylane and other fillers to perform what is known as a “liquid face lift” by adding volume back to collapsed eyebrows, cheekbones, and hollows under the eyes. Combining Restylane® with Botox® and Fraxel™ Laser Resurfacing can easily make you look a decade younger without surgery.
How long does Restylane last?
The Studies show that the average treatment lasts for 6-9 months. Restylane and other fillers stimulate fibroblasts in the skin to make additional new collagen causing even longer lasting effects.
How are Restylane® and Juvéderm® different from Botox?
Restylane fills in the lines and wrinkles whereas, Botox is a drug that blocks nerve transmission and relaxes the underlying muscles. Many patients achieve best results when the two are used in combination. Restylane® was FDA approved as the first hyaluronic-acid based filler in 2003. Now hyaluronic acid filler injections are the second most popular cosmetic treatment in the United States, after Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® injections.
What are the most common side effects of Restylane® or Juvéderm® XC?
Because Restylane® is natural, it integrates smoothly into the skin with virtually no side effects and is harmlessly absorbed into the body over time. Most people experience only minor swelling or redness. Occasionally people may experience minor temporary bruising.
Does the Restylane® procedure hurt?
Dr. Moskowitz anesthetizes the area to be treated using either a small injection of numbing solution like the dentist uses or topical numbing cream. Restylane is then injected directly under the skin using a tiny needle with minimal to no discomfort.
How long does the Restylane® procedure take?
It is a simple procedure that takes only 10-20 minutes to perform. The results are instantaneous.